Monday, February 1, 2010

Lauren says, "Prengnacy=weird dreams"


I've made it a point to remember my silly dreams and record them (somewhere that won't let me forget).

So here they are:

(my favorite) The Latina Spider Hunter
So in this dream, I was a "Latina" (I'm pretty sure I was a hottie) spider hunter. I traveled with my Abuelo and Hermano (who was not all there) in non other than, a blue oxidized chevy impala (an early 60's model I think). I'm not sure where we were hunting spiders at, it kind of seemed like we were on a safari, but I managed to catch the one I was looking for and put it in a specimin container (like the kind Kaiser would give you to pee in). "Something went amis" and next thing I knew the spider was lowering itself from my visor (though I was not driving, or in the front seats) which is my all-time-real-life-spider-fear, that one will lower itself in front of me while I am driving and bite me on the face. There was nothing I could do, I was pretty much paralized with fear, and the spider in it's vengance lowered itself right onto my eye, the good one (my right eye), and bit me. 

(first birth dream) Do they make toddler sized newborn clothes?
This one was actually a birth dream that I had after watching this movie for the umpteenth time. The dream was essentially like this: I gave birth to an 18 pound baby (who looked like a toddler already) who looked like a mix between my godson and husband, at home, and had no pain at all. Ha! The kid had curly hair like a cabbage patch kid, huge cheeks, and all I could think was "man I had an ugly baby and what am I going to do with all those baby clothes I got/bought...I kind of wanted a newborn!" (not that James or my husband are ugly or anything....the baby/kid just was). I gave birth alone on the floor, well almost alone, apart from my father-in-law lying on the bed playing tetris on a gameboy, everyone else abandoned me. Thomas was running around like a chicken with its head cut off, and ended up staying in the kitchen so that he could watch the clock, so we could record the exact time that the baby was born. My mom was in there too, doing dishes and crying, I think she was mad that we had a homebirth, though it wasn't intentional. It was so strange.

1 comment:

  1. I just really wanted to comment on this, because it really amused me. You are a rather good writer, and you make me feel that I am not alone with my outrageously, incredulous dreams. Here is one for ya:
    So, this is when I lived in my childhood, Murrieta home: My bunnies had been producing in mass amounts (as bunnies usually do), and was worried about them getting rained on, so I was herding them into their coops. After I had finished rounding up what seemed like hundreds of bunnies, I saw an eagle in my backyard! It was already perched on my dad's hawk-perch, and it started talking to me. This eagle had a human head, but an eagle body. I was so excited about this discovery I ran in to get my camera (which happened to be one of those really old ones with the huge flash). He kept talking to me about where he had been and if he could stay. I told him of course he could, and asked if I could take a picture. Thinking my question rhetorical, I lifted my camera--"WAIT!!! I CAN'T--!", said the eagle. And as the flash went off, his head exploded. That was the end. :)

    ReplyDelete