Tuesday, August 24, 2010

week 37

Little one, you've made it to week 37 and it's almost time for us to meet! We are all ready for you but the doctor and midwife tell me that you are a really little one, so take your time in there and get all cute and chubby, because we like chubby cheeks out here. I had to go in for some special testing this week and I got to hear your heartbeat and see you again, twice actually! You were making the cutest faces and had the sweetest little lips and nose (they looked so big luscious little baby, it made everyone laugh!). Your little profile was so beautiful...she let me watch you for a while. You were holding your little arms up to your face and were clenching your fists so tight. I think you were wondering what we were doing out there. The doctor was so pround of you for being such a great "practice breather", she said it made her happy to see you trying so hard, because she knows that you had the extra energy to devote to all your "outside life" practice! Keep getting stronger and bigger little one! We can't wait to see your little face and give you so many kisses.


Symptoms: I've been experiencing some spotting, really tingly boobs, menstrual-like cramps under my belly, more frequent and stronger (and longer) braxton hicks contractions, frequent urnation, pressure, reverse sciatica (I think the baby is playing with a nerve that runs down the inner thigh-it feels so funny, kind of like a dead leg), and discharge (TMI I know). Oh and did I mention I lost my mucous plug 18 days ago. Yes 18. At least I know the gears are turning. The wait has been/is kind of exciting though :) 

Total weight gain: 23 pounds

Maternity clothes: Yes please! I have outgrown (or hate/or stained) almost every item I own with a maternity label. I would really like to go and get some larger sized stuff without stains all over the boobs and belly, but...you know, the mister says no.

Stretch marks: Those "two little ones" on my hip have gotten a bit bigger, and redder. :) I secretly want to splurge and buy bio oll :P

Sleep: I've been getting plenty of sleep, mostly in the mornings though. My nights are kind of restless and I get up pretty often. I can't sleep on my back anymore (it's really painful) so I've learned to enjoy side sleeping. I have no problem sleeping in though, that's actually when I get my best sleep! I'm definitely livin' it up, but I am pretty excited to sleep on my belly again, even if it means less sleep!
 
Best moment this week: Getting our maternity pictures back from our friend. They are so beautiful, and made me cry when I saw them...I never thought I'd be taking maternity pictures with my husband. God is so merciful!

Movement: Baby Ham has slowed down a bit, but is still pretty active. I mostly notice big stretches and slower movements, probably because he or she is running out of room.

Food cravings: Cereal with really cold milk sounds good all of the time, yogurt with granola (yum), sandwiches and anything cold is really great these days.

Belly Button in or out: Flat. Really flat. 

What I miss: Just sushi.

What I am looking forward to: Experiencing labor and meeting our baby.
 
Milestones: Week 37! Baby Ham is considered full term! (well kind of)
 
How is daddy? I think he's excited and nervous at the same time. He always finds a way to mention that his wife is pregnant to random people, even sometimes in front of me...I think it's so cute!

How are the grandparents? Great! Still excited I'm sure! :P

1 comment:

  1. Hi Maria! I'm Meg, I know Thomas from IHC and have been following your blog for a while, I am so excited for you two! I have a 4 month old baby girl and it has been exciting to hear you share so many of the thoughts I had when I was pregnant. Relish every second of sleep you get now...because while baby may sleep for 10 hour within the first couple months, your boobs won't let you sleep that long as they will start to leak. I'm looking forward to seeing pics of Baby Ham soon!!

    ReplyDelete