Wednesday, March 10, 2010

13

Well little baby you're the size of a peach and I've read that you are approaching "normal proportions" (that sounds so cool!) this week. Speaking of this week, it's the last week of our first trimester little one and I'm pretty excited (and ready to feed us better too)! You are working on some big changes this week like moving your intestines and a set of vocal chords! We've been working on your room a bit too. Daddy put up this really cute (AND butter cream yellow!) vintage chandelier that I found. We've already got your closet system all set up and we've been moving around the furniture in there too (it's going to be so cozy). I'm hoping to plant something green and flowery outside your window so we have something pretty to look at. Love you little baby...See you in a few weeks!

So I've totally underestimated this whole "pregnancy" thing. It's really, really (really) hard....harder than I expected, and I know this is just the beginning and it's only going to get worse, so I'll stop complaining. BUT, I have a lot to look forward to so it makes it all worth it!
I've been trying to update my eating habits into something more worthy of "baby growing", and that more closely resembles items found on the food pyramid. Rice Krispies, milk, and subway are not cutting it for us in the "iron" or "energy" departments. Food is a really sore subject with me still. Hardly anything at home sounds good, and I find it easier to go out and get something, rather than make something to eat, and find that by the time I'm done cooking it, it either A) doesn't sound good anymore B) doesn't smell good or C) doesn't taste as appealing as I thought it would. But eating out presents some major predicaments too, like trying to find healthy choices that don't break the bank. I mostly try to go for the grilled and the sauce-less, and no fries....most of the time ;)
In the next month or so I'm going to be weaning myself off of the metformin per doctors orders. My doctor isn't really comfortable with the idea of me being on it during pregnancy. I can agree with both sides of the story. The benefits of staying on it include a lower risk of developing gestational diabetes (which I will be more prone to with PCOS), less of a risk for misscarriage (!!!), and aiding in milk production. However some studies have shown that it interferes with placental flow and it obviously isn't contributing to a "natural" pregnancy. There is some correlation to stopping the medication and miscarriage if you stop it too abruptly. I plan on taking a month or two to wean my body off of it. By that time I'll be a little over 20 weeks so I feel like it can be done (with lots of prayer of course!).

2 comments:

  1. what a lovely dress!

    yay to being in your 2nd trimester! i hope it comes with feeling better and radiant health. :)

    ReplyDelete