Thursday, March 25, 2010

16

Little baby, I've been patiently waiting to feel you moving around in there...hopefully in the next few weeks I'll be able to, but I'm getting more and more anxious...so hurry up! I've read that this week you'll be able to hear my voice, your annoying dog barking, your daddy, auntie and grandma (who always insist on talking to you and saying goodbye to you too before they leave (It tickles my belly so bad!). I'm thinking of starting the Wind in the Willows for you. It will give us both something relaxing to do I think. The Bump says that this week you're the size of an avocado, which sadly must mean that you've shrunk, because in my opinion an orange is much bigger. Oh well. I get to see you in a few weeks, and I'm selfishly hoping that Daddy doesn't get to come so I can find out what you are. I'd promise not to tell him or anyone about you. I want to know so bad! And I want to start sewing for you (since I'm not sure if you'll let me after you're born) since I have a lot of projects in mind. But don't worry, I'll hide them from Daddy so he can be surprised on your birthday!

The second trimester has been pretty good for me so far, except for being really tired (I slept till 11 today) and congested, being really gassy again, and having a HUMONGO appetite. I feel hungry all of the time! It's crazy how hungry I am, which may or may not be such a good thing.
The staff at my OB dept. are Nazis about weight gain and they've already made mention of the fact that they are "concerned about my weight gain to date", because I gained 4 pounds in the first trimester. I think 3 was acceptable. I actually went to the doctor the other day and while I was being weighed the nurse suggested that we "try another scale".  I think she thought it was broken or that it was off or something because of the numbers (which out of modesty I won't reveal). I told her that the scale wasn't broken, that I was just 4 months pregnant, and she sympathetically glanced down at the paper she was holding and wrote down my weight. She did say that I "don't look it", which was cool, and probably just means that my baby is made entirely of lead.
So for the benefit of little lead baby and my bum, I'm trying to stay semi-full and not eat junk or fast food, which is really hard because all I want to do all day is drive here and there and eat this and that. (french fries from in-and-out!) Veggies still don't sound good, neither does BJ's, the crust on my toast or sandwiches (which is so weird because that was always the part I ate first) or meat that I have to cook myself. Oh and coffee and Thai food still seem disgusting too.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment