Thursday, January 21, 2010

5 1/2


So I've decided to do weekly pictures :) A friend of Thomas did the same with her pregnancy and I just loved seeing her weekly growth. I had always known that I would take pictures of my growing belly, if I were ever to become pregnant, but I love the idea of blogging them so that all of your distant friends and family! (and perfect strangers) can see how things are growing.

So here it is...5 1/2 week me...and 3 1/2 week old baby Ham. 
You've been been multiplying away in there...Here's a list of things you've done so far (all before I even knew about you!). You've gone from zygote to blastocyst and have traveled several inches from my fallopian tube to my waiting womb. You've picked a cozy spot and implanted yourself (in the right place!) and become an embryo! You've even split in half to make yourself a placenta! You became surrounded by a cozy amniotic sac and you've been busy ordering your specialized layers (and yes I remember the names of all three from A&P!), to well, specialize! All at the size of a poppy seed!


Entering your second month you look more like a tadpole and are now the size of an orange seed with a heart the size of a poppy seed! This week you'll be hard at work making your little heart bigger and more complex and a neural tube too, that will someday be your brain and spinal cord. In fact your circulatory system will be the first system to be up and running! Good luck little baby! We're rooting (and praying!!) for you!

p.s. I know it's silly to put these up so soon, I should really wait a few (way) more weeks when there is actually something to take pictures of, but hey at least I'll have a living testimony to the fact that I once had a waist :)

No comments:

Post a Comment