Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Milk and Cookies


January 11th 2010
Monday was the day I had been waiting for. My RE's office would be open, I could call Alma and tell her the good news, and hopefully get an appointment to see our little Ham-bean. I dreamed all weekend of telling her. I've known Alma for two years now, and she is the sweetest little hispanic nurse lady I know. She always calls me "Meesess. Haaammm" and always said that when/if I got pregnant she would cry and be so excited that we would have cookies and milk together on my first appointment and that she wanted to come to my baby shower! I just love Alma so much. I called her around noon that day and she picked up right away. Back in October when we finished our 5th cycle of clomid, I had told her that we were going to be taking a break for the holidays (really the Nativity fast) and that I would call her in January to (hopefully) start again. She greeted me with the usual "Hiiiiiiiii Meesess Haaammm" and then asked how my holidays were, I said they were just fine and asked her too. She asked me what she could do for me. I said "I don't know, what do you do for pregnant people?" She got really excited, said "Oh my gosh" and "I'm so happy" about a million times. She cried too (everyone's been crying?) and said "I told you you'd be pregnant by Mother's day!" We then got down to business and discussed who would bring the cookies and who would bring the milk.
Alma calculated that I was 5 1/2 weeks when I found out, and that on the next monday, when I would come in for my first appointment I would be 6 1/2 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment