Sunday, January 17, 2010

Embryo!


January 13th 2010
I was really nervous about how to tell my MIL. I know that she likes puzzles so I wanted to make her one. I did, and it was really cute, and I think she liked it. We celebrated by going out to lunch to our favorite little sushi place...it was a bit of a bummer having to eat "cooked" sushi (which by the way, is totally fishy and disgusting, but I'll take what I can get) or tempura rolls...but it's so worth it! My FIL met us there too, we had such a great afternoon and I could tell they were so excited! Later we went to Henry's together and went shopping for lots of fruits and veggies!

Later on I went over to the Simpson house to hang out. Hannah and I decided on Sunday that we would be penpals. I told her that I had a secret, but that I had to wait to tell her. I asked her if she was curious about what the secret was, she said "Yeah, but I can wait till my next clue next week". Man, that was not the answer I wanted to hear! What's with these patient kids these days? A couple hours later I asked her again. She accepted this time and I whispered my little secret in her ear. Her face lit up, her eyes as wide as her mouth. She started giggling right away. We could tell that James felt a little left out, and keeping in the spirit of having no reservations about these kinds of things, we told him too! He immediately looked at my belly and smiled. By this time Lauren had noticed that we were sharing secrets and wanted to know too! I wouldn't tell her, and none of the kids would either. We were all laughing and I'm sure she felt like the monkey in the middle. Finally Hannah told her by whispering our secret in her ear. Lauren got the most surprised look on her face and gasped...then she cried and we hugged...it was so special. Later that day when Jason got home Lauren asked the kids to tell him the secret. Hannah was being shy so we begged James to do it. He blurted out "I have a baby in my belly!" It was so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment