Monday, April 5, 2010

To fridge or not to fridge


Ultrasound pictures were never so meaningful to me until the awareness that I might never have one of my own to display on the front of our fridge really sunk in. The socially ubiquitous little black and white images posted up for everyone to see seemed like such a rite of passage in the days of IF. So here I am, the proud owner of three little blurry images of my little ham, and I've safely tucked them away in my journal, away from the sun I suppose (I've been told they fade). For someone who's made such a big stink over the things, it seems a little strange, and so this morning I pulled them out and taped one to my fridge (our fridge is stainless steel so magnets don't stick to the front :( kind of a bummer when I think of our future with kids art/awards and such). Why I did it? I don't know. It just seemed like the thing to do. I immediately pulled it off though. It seemed like there was a better home for it. So I quickly nestled it in with St. John and pretty close to St. Hannah and called it a day. After all the intersessions they made for me/us I'm sure they don't mind. 

1 comment: